Sunday 11 April 2010

Clash of the Titans

So I went to see Clash of the Titans today.

It’s been pretty panned by critics, but I agree with Roger Ebert. The film is energetic, and a bit silly. For what it is, it’s good. You can clearly see the effort that has gone in to making it, and it does look visually very impressive, as we’ve now become accustomed to. The acting is solid, as is the writing and the directing.

I do recommend you go see it. I saw it at matinee price, and I’m glad I did. You’d probably feel a bit more animosity towards the film if you paid full price. If you see it, then it’s worth going 3D, as most movies are these days. There are only a few instances when it gets cheesy and does the whole ‘coming out of the screen’ thing that used to be all the rage.

I also noticed something weird. Kaya Scodelario and Nicholas Hoult are in this. They play(ed) Effy and Tony respectively in the TV show ‘Skins’, and they are brother and sister. Just kind of weird, I thought.

Anyway, I’m heading off now. I’m really tired, so I imagine I’ll just pop off to sleep pretty quickly.

I always feel like naming my posts ‘Tired’, then I remember that I’ve already done that. Seriously, I could pretty much name every blog post ‘Tired’.

Cheerio,
-S

0 comments:

Post a Comment